For general information or any other inquiry, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the organization team by phone
- Yasmine Job : +237 677 55 17 31
- Vivian Kukah : +237 679 44 22 22
6th SOAS Arbitration in Africa Conference 2020 will be held at CMAG – GICAM headquarters, located at Vallée des ministres, Bonanjo, Douala.
- Some citizens of African countries may not need a visa, please check with local diplomatic representations of Cameroon in your countries of residence.
- Please note that the full list of embassies and consulates can be found on the website www.diplocam.cm.
- Visa on arrival is not possible currently despite some information you may find on the internet.
- For all needing Invitation letters please to complete the registration form with information as represented on your passport.
- Kindly make sure you have the required inoculation updates before your departure. Compulsory vaccines with respects to your country of residence are Yellow Fever and Cholera. The WHO International certificate of vaccination booklet is mandatory
- An insect repelling spray is recommended and check with your doctor if you might need a preventive treatment before and during your stay.
- You can buy a local SIM card at the airport baggage claim area and for about 100XAF or 0,15 euros.
- The currency used in Cameroon is the FCFA abbreviated XAF. Notes are in denominations of 500, 1 000, 2 000, 5 000, 10 000. Coins are in other amounts going from 500XAF to 5XAF. 1 Euro = 655.956 XAF. Note that Euros are more highly acceptable than Dollars and Pound sterling and a fixed exchange rate. There are cash machine facilities for electronic withdrawal at the recommended hotels below.
- If you are bringing in electronic items, the voltage is 220 volts. Power plugs and sockets used in Cameroon are type C and E.
- The weather at this time of the year in Douala is relatively sunny and humid, ranging from 27°C to, up to 35°C approximately.
Transport in Cameroon
- Airport pick-up request is required at the time of booking by the shuttle services of the recommended hotels. The hotels we have recommend are barely 05 to 15 minute drive to the airport.
- Transportation from the hotel to the conference venue and back is managed by the organization team if you stay to any of the 3 recommended hotels hereafter.
Participants may book for their rooms at any of the below hotels in Douala advised by the organization team with preferential rates.
These hotels are close to the CMAG-GICAM conference venue; you will find more information below.
To benefit from these preferential rates kindly specify on your reservation request that you are attending the 6th SOAS conference – CMAG-GICAM.
KINDLY NOTE: The organization team will be responsible for movement from hotel to conference venue and back to hotel if you are lodged I any of the 3 hotels below.
Feel free to book on other hotels out of the ones recommended below.
Consequently, transportation service from other hotels than the recommended below is not guaranteed by the organization team.
With its warm and lively ambiance, an Accor group hotel, Douala Ibis is 3 star and about 10 minutes’ walk to CMAG-GICAM.
Contact person: Mrs. Nathalie CHAKE
Phone number: +237 699 91 62 76 or +237 694 436 085
Download your booking request formHO839@accor.com and copy Nathalie.email@example.com
A new 3 star hotel with great service ratings for up to 4.1 on 5, Onomo, in business only few months ago. The hotel is about 5 minutes’ walk to the conference venue CMAG-GICAM.
Website : https://www.onomohotel.com/en/
Contact person: Mrs. Diane Silue
Phone number: +237 695 000 000 or +237 691 718 905
Download a booking request firstname.lastname@example.org
A 4 star hotel in Douala, with a relaxing garden surrounding the swimming pool and a garden bar, just a 10 minutes’ walk from the conference venue CMAG-GICAM.
Some pictures are available on this website https://www.hotelsone.com/douala-hotels-cm/douala-rabingha-hotel.fr.html
Contact person: Mr. Bertrand DIMODY, Sales Director
Phone number: +237 694 436 084
Download a booking request form